Due to growth, Search HR & Development are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a large scale, blue collar and unionised business in Pontefract, looking to appoint a HR Specialist to their busy HR team. Our client is a huge national retail brand with sites across the UK, although this role will be predominately based at their distribution site in Pontefract, you will be expected to undergo some travel on an ad hoc basis. Although they have grown rapidly in recent years, the business still prides itself on having a small, close-knit and family feel.
Salary: Up to £36,000 DOE + free parking
* 23 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
* Free on-site parking
* Competitive pension contribution
* Uniform allowance
* Staff Discount
Duties and Responsibilities include but are now limited to:
* Providing practical advice and support to senior managers in all aspects of employee relations, including complex ER cases.
* On site presence during appeals and grievances, and support any potential discrimination cases.
* Be a first point of call for any related HR & PD queries from Managers and potentially employees.
* Keeping managers updated with legislative changes and interpreting their impact on the business
* Develop the capability of senior managers in dealing with HR issues.
* Maintain good relationships with Union Reps and Area Organisers.
* Support consultation exercises.
* Advise line managers on managing employees with long term illnesses/absence.
* Deliver HR training programmes.
* Support with potential capability dismissals.
* Support with Flexible Working appeals
* Monitor work permit expiries and completion of probationary reviews.
* Day to day liaison with Union Representatives regarding ER cases.
The role focuses specifically on ER, so the successful candidate needs to have extensive experience in this field and the ability to hit the ground running. The candidate must be flexible, be willing to travel between sites across Yorkshire and be able to handle a heavy and varied workload.
A successful candidate will have the following:
* Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation
* Full UK Driving License
* CIPD qualified
* Experience dealing with complex ER cases
* Proven ability working within similar faced paced organisations
* Knowledge of collective consultation bodies (ideally recognised unions)
* Developing and delivering HR specific training e.g. Absence Management & Performance Management etc.
This is a perfect role for somebody who is wanting to progress within their HR career, similarly if you are wanting to moved into a for ER focused HR role then this may be the role for you!
Click the apply button now if this sounds of interest, or if you would like to hear about similar opportunities!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.