Job Title: HR Advisor
12 month FTC
I'm recruiting on behalf of a large scale, blue collar and unionised business in Pontefract looking to appoint a HR Advisor to their busy HR team. Due to increased workload, you will be employed on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Providing practical advice and support to senior managers in all aspects of employee relations, including complex ER cases.
* On site presence during appeals and grievances, and support any potential discrimination cases.
* Be a first point of call for any related HR & PD queries from Managers and potentially employees.
* Develop the capability of senior managers in dealing with HR issues.
* Maintain good relationships with Union Reps and Area Organisers.
* Support consultation exercises.
* Advise line managers on managing employees with long term illnesses/absence.
* Keeping managers updated with legislative changes and interpreting their impact on the business.
* Deliver HR training programmes.
* Support with potential capability dismissals.
* Support with Flexible Working appeals
* Monitor work permit expiries and completion of probationary reviews.
* Day to day liaison with Union Representatives regarding ER cases.
The role focuses specifically on ER, so the successful candidate needs to have extensive experience in this field and the ability to hit the ground running. The candidate must be flexible, be willing to travel between sites across Yorkshire and be able to handle a heavy and varied workload.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, candidates should have the following skills and experience:
* Graduate membership of the CIPD or qualified by experience
* Generalist experience in a fast paced environment, ideally within a blue collar organisation
* Knowledge of collective consultation bodies (ideally recognised unions)
* Dealing with complex ER issues
* Coaching and providing feedback up to senior management level
* Proven experience of operating commercially when applying relevant policies and procedures
* Developing and delivering HR specific training e.g. Absence Management & Performance Management etc.
* Understand how to probe, question and investigate to establish the root cause of issues
If this sounds of interest, or if you would like to hear about similar opportunities, please contact me directly on email@example.com or call me on 0113 308 8047
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age