Up to £10.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
HR & Payroll Administrator - Temp Role
Based in Kirkcaldy - home working initially during Covid-19 restrictions
6 month contract - up to £10.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Search Consultancy are currently working with a leading public sector client based in Kirkcaldy to recruit this role. This role will be home-based whilst Covid restrictions are in place, once restrictions are lifted the role will be office based full-time so the ability to travel to Kirkcaldy on a daily basis will be required.
The main purpose of this role will be to provide comprehensive HR & Payroll Administration support to ensure a first class HR service is provided across the business.
Duties involved in this role will include:
- Acting as first contact for all staff requiring HR or Payroll support
- Investigating and escalating payroll queries to management
- Processing timesheets
- Assisting with applications for retirement & flexible working
- Preparing HR correspondence, ensuring sign off by seniors within the team
- Producing & maintaining a variety of Excel documents
- Assisting with pre-employment checks & new start in line with the company recruitment policy
- Ensuring the HR system is kept fully up to date
- Dealing with sickness & absences from an HR perspective, ensuring everything is documented
- Collating and maintaining employee records
- Performing basic manual salary & holiday calculations as required
- Carrying out general administration duties for the HR team including processing of department mail, filing, photocopying & scanning
In order to be considered for this role your skills and experience should include:
- Previous HR & Payroll Administration experience - this experience is essential
- A basic knowledge of HR processes & procedures around recruitment, absence management, L&D and employee relations gained through the above experience
- Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise a varied & busy workload effectively
- Solid IT skills including the use of Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If this is the role for you, apply now!
Please note that only applicants who have the required skills and experience detailed above will be considered for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.