Housing Standards Case Manager
£13.99 - £16.26 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a Housing Standards Case Manager on a temporary contract, working Full time hours - 9.00am - 5.00pm
To be responsible for an allocated caseload, undertaking investigations and contributing to the work of the Housing Standards Team.
This post will deliver Private Sector Housing enforcement. It will require the post holder to hold a caseload for which technical supervision will be provided.
*The service integrates a diverse range of statutory duties on environmental and trading standards, licensing and consumer protection with the council's crime and disorder management function. It will require the post holder to hold a caseload for which technical supervision will be provided
Responsibilities of the role
1. To contribute to the achievement of the key objectives for crime and disorder reduction and public and environmental safety in the most efficient and effective way, both within the post holder's specific remit and across the section and Council as a whole.
2. To manage as directed a caseload which may be diverse in nature in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, corporate policies, local systems, policies and guidance and good professional practice. The work will include but is not limited to responding to complaints about public and neighbour nuisance, undertaking inspections and investigatory work, complying with agreed plans on enforcement action, collating evidence of licensing breach, attending meetings, carrying out other team activities commensurate with the grade.
3. To work as part of a team in order to meet team deadlines and to fulfil the roles and responsibilities required.
4. To comply with all health, safety and welfare requirements and responsibilities within the role.
5. To participate in gathering evidence, serving notices and producing reports, statements and case files in accordance with the legislation for legal and enforcement action and preparing evidence for court and legal proceedings as and when required.
6. To investigate and report alleged breaches of civil orders that invoke criminal penalties as outlined in council policies and procedures.
7. To contribute to and participate in the planning, implementation and review of project work, surveys and sampling programmes.
8. To assist in the preparation of Service Plans and assist in developing and maintaining enforcement and procedure manuals.
9. To advise customers and people against whom complaints are made of the progress of cases in compliance with data protection and privacy regulations provided this does not compromise any ongoing or concluded investigation, or the safety and wellbeing of others.
10. To liaise with colleagues and legal advisors and comply with legal proceedings as required.
11. To contribute to inspections of a specified range of premises especially to premises with high and medium risk rating to ensure compliance with all public protection legislation and licensing controls, seeking advice from senior officers or technical expertise as needed.
12. To report on activity and contribute to all monitoring, review and data management activities in compliance with an overall obligation of continuous improvement.
13. Attend meetings within the council and externally as required.
14. To undertake such duties outside normal working hours as may be required by the nature of the service.
15. To participate in the out of hours emergency call-out service.
16. To work positively and inclusively with colleagues and customers so that the Council provides a workplace and delivers services that do not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disabilities.
17. To fulfill personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to Council policies and procedures, health, safety and welfare, customer care, emergency, evacuation, security and promotion of the Council's priorities.
18. To work flexibly in the interests of the service. This may include undertaking other duties provided that these are appropriate to the employee's background, skills and abilities. Where this occurs there will be consultation with the employee and any necessary personal development will be taken into account
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: email@example.com or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age