Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
7 months ago
Housing Solutions Officer
£14.67 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Housing Solutions Officer on a temporary basis. The working hours are full time.
Responsibilities of the role:
* The role involves carrying the statutory duties placed on the Local Authority under the Housing Act 1996 Part VII as amended by the Homelessness Reduction Act.
* Officers will interview customers who require assistance with their housing issues, carry out in depth investigations regarding their circumstances, and complete complex legal assessments and detailed investigations into the circumstances of customers.
* Compile detailed personal housing plans which need to be reviewed regularly and updated when necessary.
* Produce written legal decisions which must contain all the relevant information and the reasons why the decision has been made. It is essential that these officers have an excellent understanding of the law in this area as well as being able to deal with the demands of a busy service with applicants who can often have complex problem and be difficult
* You will ensure the provision of a high quality, customer-centred service that ensures the well-being of customers is protected.
* This will be based on an understanding of the causes and impacts of homelessness. You must be able to deal with demands of the service and have resilience in dealing with customers who can have complex needs.
* They must be able to have strength based conversations and set out what the customer can expect the Housing Solutions Service to assist them with providing realistic housing options and giving personal tailored advice.
* You must have good negotiation skills and be able to converse with a wide range of people. Have the ability to Work as part of a team but also work on their own initiative.
* The Housing Solutions Service deals with over 8000 customers per year and delivers a holistic, person centred approach to those who require advice and assistance regarding their housing issues. The team is also responsible for carrying out the statutory duties that are placed on Local authorities as set out in Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 as amended by the homelessness reduction act.
* The focus for the team is to prevent homelessness occurring and provide alternatives to accessing temporary accommodation.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email: email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age