Are you an experienced Housing Pathway Advisor?
Do you have knowledge and experience within homelessness?
Are you looking to join a ambitious organisation with big plans?
Can you start immediately?
Look no further …..
I am currently recruiting for the following role.
Housing Pathway Advisor
12.93 - 15.96 per hour
Working within the Council's busy Housing Options service, you will deliver high quality, customer focused advice and support to people in Oldham who find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness. You will assist the Council in delivering its statutory homelessness duties by providing housing advice; undertaking assessments in line with homelessness legislation; providing an out of hours service as part of a team rota; and meeting performance targets and standards.
- To undertake detailed casework with customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- To organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems e.g. substance misuse, mental health, debt management.
- To work with colleagues who provide Temporary Accommodation Services in placing housing in line with policy and existing processes
- To provide the Council's Out of Hours Emergency Housing Service and Severe Weather Emergency Provision on a rota basis with other colleagues Key Requirements
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Experience of working with homeless people including those with varying support needs providing advice, assistance and support.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate persuasively in order to achieve outcomes for customers
- Knowledge & experience of the law governing homelessness and an understanding of current issues in housing
Oldham is committed to developing a Co-operative future; one where citizens, partners and staff work together to improve the borough. Anyone joining the council is coming into an ambitious organisation with big plans. We are working hard to build a brighter future for our borough and we need people from a wide range of backgrounds to continue delivering the best for our communities.
The Council has a clear set of Values and Behaviours, our Values outline how we do business and we share these borough-wide with our residents, partners and businesses. Internally we have translated these values into five cooperative behaviours which outline the priority areas of focus for all staff at all levels.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age