Housing First Officer
£12.32 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Housing First Officer on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours - 9am - 5pm.
The post is for 3 months initially, potentially longer. The candidates need to have extensive knowledge and experience working with people with complex needs (Homelessness, Substance Misuse, offending, mental health who could also be a risk to others).
Candidates will work across 7 day rota - which includes some weekend work
Responsibilities of the role:
* Delivering wrap- around intensive, trauma informed support to people with multiple and complex issues within their own independent tenancies in the community.
* Maintaining accurate up to date records on the chosen case management system of progress against individual support plans; safety plans and outcomes information.
* Liaise with other agencies to facilitate access to support including Adult Social Care; Criminal Justice services; Health services; employment and training agencies.
* Regularly review the person centred support plan to update, record and monitor progress of caseload.
* Build and maintain networks with staff from other agencies to ensure the Housing First pilot is widely known and promoted.
* Provide temporary cover for colleagues as required and participate in a rota of duties, to ensure that service delivery is available in the evenings; weekends and bank holidays.
* Liaise with landlords to assist the person living in accommodation of their choice; including practical help with furniture; benefits advice and accompanied visits.
* Perform robust assessments of referrals for the service to ensure the service is provided to those that meet the eligibility criteria.
* Promote, and encourage peer involvement within the service.
* Facilitate access to the personalisation fund via creative solutions to integrate people into the community and access accommodation.
* To complete dynamic risk assessments and maintain own safety by following lone working procedures
* To be part of a rota providing out of hours access to telephone support to people using the service
* To work flexibly to ensure that service delivery is available in the morning/ evenings, at weekends and on bank holidays when required
* To adhere to good practice Safeguarding procedures with a positive risk taking approach to ensure the wellbeing of vulnerable people.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age