Prevention and Safety Officer (Homeless)
£16.00 per hour
Are you looking for a new and exciting role?
Look no further.
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting a Homeless Prevention and Safety Officer on behalf of a client in Liverpool. This is a temporary contract.
Responsibilities of the role:
1. Evidence of and commitment to continuous professional development.*
2. Substantial experience of interviewing and negotiation skills including direct experience of working to prevent homelessness.*
3. Experience of homelessness and housing advice work.*
4. Experience in working with vulnerable client groups.
5. Knowledge of the social and financial costs of homelessness to individuals, the local authority and other relevant bodies.
6. Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Welfare Benefits and relevant Social Services legislation.
7. Experience of effective interviewing skills.
8. Ability to think creatively in finding solutions to preventing homelessness.
9. Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
10. Confident user of information technology applications to include database input, word processing, and email.
11. Ability to negotiate and work assertively, yet in a sensitive manner, with those who are potentially homeless to ensure that they achieve a realistic understanding of their situation and to discuss the options available to them.
12. Ability to investigate issues in a sensitive manner.
13. Ability to accurately record statements and findings.*
14. Ability to discuss and negotiate effective outcomes with accommodation providers and landlords options to prevent homelessness.*
15. An understanding of and a personal commitment to the Vision and Values of Liverpool City Council.
16. An understanding of and a personal commitment to the Vision and Values of commitment to excellent customer service and to continuing service improvements.
17. Commitment to assisting the council in the continued development of their services to ensure the best possible outcome for our service users.
18. Commitment to assisting the council to implement a range of options and initiatives to help prevent homelessness.
19. Establishes a culture of continuous improvement, initiating ideas, responding to change opportunities and maintaining momentum.*
20. Develops services which meet genuine customer needs, promoting a culture of involvement, listening and responsiveness.
21. Sets and achieves or exceeds, challenging targets at both personal and organisational levels, demanding and delivering excellence.
22. Analysing & Evaluating - Reaches sound judgements after careful and systematic evaluation of relevant facts.
23. Making Decisions - Resolves problems effectively after exploring the options and considering the implications.
24. Creating Positive Change - Promotes and manages change as a means to secure continuous improvement.
25. Building Effective Partnerships - Develops productive working relationships with staff groups, colleagues and all potential partners in service delivery.
26. Being Financially Aware - Fully considers the financial dimension to own activities, monitoring expenditure and ensuring true value for money is delivered to both.
27. Flexible outlook and approach and the ability to adapt to change as the service develops.
28. Availability/requirement to work from (or into) any location within the city boundary and to conform to the standards and working practices of each location utilised by the service.*
29. Post holder will be expected to staff and work from a duty / reception desk from time to time as directed by the Service Manager.*
30. Post holder will be expected to use the electronic calendar and input into the E-ROTA system.*
31. Post holder will be expected to undertake some degree of out of hours work.
32. Post holder will be expected to participate in the services out of hours on call rota.*
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age