HGV Technician (Nights)
£30,000 - £33,000
Monday - Thursday, 19:00 - 07:00
You'll be working with a team that are like family, in a safe working environment where you're given the time needed to complete a job, and progression if that's what you're looking for. From day to day workshop maintenance including servicing, inspection, repair, MOT preparation and breakdowns, you'll play a fundamental part in maintaining high standards across our HGV and Truck fleet.
The ideal candidate will be a Vehicle Technician, qualified or non, with experience servicing and repairing operational equipment, have an understanding of MOT standards and legal compliance, accuracy in work.
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Servicing and repair of equipment to MOT standard.
- A high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Roadworthiness.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner to the required standard.
- Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Awareness of authorization procedures regarding required repairs.
- Completion of inspection documents and job sheets/timesheets to the highest standard.
- Strong commitment to health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels is essential, as are a 'can do attitude' and problem solving skills.
- You will represent the company in a professional manner to customers, the public and colleagues alike; ensuring communication is in a timely and accurate manner.
- HGV and Trailer Maintenance and Repair
- Experience Working in a Goods Vehicle Workshop
- Qualified Vehicle Technician (Level 3) - Desirable
- Tanker Experience
- LGV License
- ADR License
- Significant, proven transport planning experience in the road tankers sector
- Demonstrable ability to plan multi-site operations
- Experience working with, and managing, internal and external sub-contractors
- Flexible and robust approach to work load
- Commercially astute in relation to vehicle operations and customers charging mechanisms
- Proficient IT Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of transport legislation and drivers hours rules, both UK and EU
- Legislation on vehicle roadworthiness/ MOT and active management of such
- Knowledge and prevention of vehicle overloading
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment
- You should have HGV mechanical experience
- Good knowledge of H&S practices.
- Excellent mechanical diagnostic skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Be able to work well individually and as part of a team.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.