HGV Trailer Mechanic
Monday - Friday - Days
£9.00 - £11.00 per hour + Overtime Available
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Carry out HGV / trailer repairs
- Routine & Planned Servicing
- Trailer Repair & Maintenance
- Brake testing trailers as part of their PMI inspection.
- Preparing trailers for MOT tests.
- Ensuring that all paperwork is filled in correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Rectifying defects which may arise in the general running of the fleet of trailers and tractors as and when needed.
- To ensure that Health and Safety is maintained to the highest standards in line not only with HSE standards but also those of the Company.
- To ensure that high standards of housekeeping are carried out both within the maintenance areas and also the steam cleaning bay.
- Presenting vehicles for annual test to an external test centre.
- HGV C+E, Class 1 license (desirable)
- Experience with working on commercial vehicles, trucks and lorries
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment
- Trailer mechanic experience (desirable)
- Computer Literate
- Excellent working knowledge of LGV trailer maintenance
- Knowledge of LGV electrical systems
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to a high standard
*Candidates with LGV experience will also be considered.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.