Search Consultancy's Industrial and Driving Division are working with a Perth based client to recruit for an experienced HGV Mechanic. We are offering an immediate start to the right applicant. Working hours will be Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday morning working on a rotational basis. Very good long term work prospects, fantastic working environment, good team. If you are an experienced HGV or Plant Mechanic we want to hear from you today.
To maintain and repair to the required professional standards, all vehicles or items of plant presented, ensuring that legal compliance is the minimum standard achieved. Participate in maximising workshop efficiency and productivity. Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that Safe Working Practices are adhered to, in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and company Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
2. Uphold and embrace employer company vision and values by working in partnership with internal colleagues, external clients and other stakeholders to deliver an efficient and effective service.
3. Treat all individuals with dignity and respect and support employer company Equality and Diversity Policy.
4. Be familiar with, fully apply and comply with company Vehicle Maintenance Policy at all times.
5. Thoroughly examine and inspect the condition, road worthiness and safety of any vehicle or equipment, applying correct inspection techniques, reporting the findings and making recommendations to the Charge hand Mechanic/Workshop Supervisor.
6. Service, maintain, adjust or repair vehicles, plant and equipment utilising the necessary tools, equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient manner within the job times required.
7. Ensure that vehicle maintenance documentation is fully completed and accurate in line with VOSA requirements
8. Apply in a logical and progressive manner the appropriate diagnostic techniques to determine the cause or causes of defects in vehicles, plant, components and systems.
9. Make any recommendations for improvements or modifications required to improve safety or reliability from inspections.
10. Recover broken down or immobilised vehicles, plant and equipment utilising safe and proper techniques to minimise the risk of additional damage without causing danger to the public.
11. Manufacture/fabricate simple component parts to the required standards of accuracy and performance, using appropriate materials, tools and/or machinery.
12. Participate in standby rotas/duties and/or shift systems as directed.
13. Liaise and co-operate fully with other Mechanics, Workshop Assistant and the Workshop Receptionist. NOTE You will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your grade as directed. The duties of this job do not include specific responsibilities for the direct supervision of other employees. The duties do however include the organisation of the work which other employees will carry out.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age