£26,000 - £29,000
Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Servicing and repair of equipment to MOT standard.
- A high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Roadworthiness.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner to the required standard.
- Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Awareness of authorization procedures regarding required repairs.
- Completion of inspection documents and job sheets/timesheets to the highest standard.
- Strong commitment to health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels is essential, as are a 'can do attitude' and problem solving skills.
- You will represent the company in a professional manner to customers, the public and colleagues alike; ensuring communication is in a timely and accurate manner.
- HGV C+E, Class 1 license (desirable)
- Hold an Industry recognised qualification, either City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 (desirable)
- Experience working on Trailers and tankers (desirable)
- Experience with working on commercial vehicles, trucks and lorries
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment
- You should have HGV mechanical experience
- Good knowledge of H&S practices.
- Excellent mechanical diagnostic skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Be able to work well individually and as part of a team.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.