£11.00 - £13.00 Per Hour (depending on experience)
Monday - Friday (50 hours per week)
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Carry out HGV / trailer repairs
- To inspect and conduct pre MOT checks to DVSA/VOSA standards
- To inspect, report, repair and service trailers, vehicles and factory transport.
- Routine & Planned Servicing
- Trailer Repair & Maintenance
- Brake testing trailers as part of their PMI inspection.
- Preparing trailers for MOT tests.
- Ensuring that all paperwork is filled in correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Rectifying defects which may arise in the general running of the fleet of trailers and tractors as and when needed.
- To ensure that Health and Safety is maintained to the highest standards in line not only with HSE standards but also those of the Company.
- To ensure that high standards of housekeeping are carried out both within the maintenance areas and also the steam cleaning bay.
- Presenting vehicles for annual test to an external test centre.
- HGV C+E, Class 1 license (desirable)
- Hold an Industry recognised qualification, either City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3.
- Experience with working on commercial vehicles, trucks and lorries
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment
- You should have HGV mechanical experience
- Good knowledge of H&S practices.
- Excellent mechanical diagnostic skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Be able to work well individually and as part of a team.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.