HGV Class 1 - Sewage / Waste Operations
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday
Location - Oban
Search Consultancy is working with a prestigious client based in the Oban area who requires an HGV Class 1 Driver to work within their sewage / waste departments
About the Role
Provide an essential transportation service from both Water and Wastewater treatment sites whilst also delivering a private septic tank service. The team operates across all areas of Scotland and utilise both rigid and articulated tankers.
The client strives to provide service excellence to both their internal and external customers; this can only be achieved by having committed employees who care about customers. Health, Safety and vehicle compliance is central to this role. You will also ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with clompany internal policies and procedures in relation to Waste Management, full training will be provided.
As part of your role you will receive regular reviews with your team leader. For those with the drive and talent there will be opportunities for career development into other areas of the business.
To be successful in securing the role, the candidate is required to:
- Hold a category CE driving entitlement
- Have a valid Digital Driver Card
- Have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DCPC)
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise your work whilst maintaining a flexible approach to accommodate changing priorities.
- Have a strong focus on protection of the environment by following good working practice.
- Be able to build trust and credibility with customers who you interact with, acting as an ambassador for Scottish Water.
- Be a strong team player, who can work well with others to achieve common goals and have a willingness to learn from others.
- Be digitally skilled in order to use mobile applications for essential parts of daily duties.
- Previous utilities experience would be advantageous.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
Full training will be provided however we are looking for you to have the ability to ensure your work is delivered professionally, efficiently and on time. The successful applicant would need to be reliable and enthusiastic, have a positive 'can-do' attitude and be able to work as part of a team
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.