Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Are you a tech guru, experienced in 1st and 2nd line support?
My client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Helpdesk Advisor to join their team based in Edinburgh. In this role you will be an advocate for the company, to ensure internal departments receive high-quality, timely service and support.
Working across 200 sites in 30 countries, my client boasts 6,500 gifted minds across the globe.
This company provides certainty to their customer's that all products, procedures, resources and services are kept compliant and fit for purpose.
My client works closely with their extensive workforce, including scientists, engineers and technologists; on finding the best way to support customer's creations on keeping the world safe, whilst also providing the encouragement and support to allow their employees to lead in their career path's growth and development.
* Triaging service requests and issues via phone, e-mail and portal.
* When possible troubleshoot colleagues issue(s) and resolve upon first contact.
* Accurately documenting all details of the issue(s) or service request, including categorisation and priority into the IT service desk tool.
* Providing "how to" assistance on all internally supported devices and systems.
* Escalating issues and requests to appropriate specialist support groups / subject-matter experts in accordance with service-level agreements, following up as appropriate.
* Leveraging internal and external resources (knowledge bases, manuals, support sites, vendors) to answer questions and resolve issues.
* Responding to colleague inquiries regarding the status of incident / service request tickets, performing follow-ups.
* Contributing to the creation/facilitation/maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides.
Skills / Qualifications;
* Experience in a technical troubleshooting IT role delivering 1st & 2nd line support.
* Experience as the first point contact with end-users or customer service role.
* Knowledge of ServiceNow (preferred).
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* The ability to self-motivate and work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment.
* Ability and desire to learn new technology and applications.
This position offers a generous salary of up to £24,000 DOE.
The working hours are Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 5pm Friday 8:30 - 4pm with hybrid working available.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.