Working as a Health Care Assistant in a residential nursing home for older people is an essential and valued front line key worker role. If you're a professional carer based in Edinburgh looking for your next career move, this role as a Care Assistant earning between £9 - £13 could be for you.
The Care role and its requirements:
You'll be attending to - and be responsible for - the personal care needs of residents. The incredible team create a supportive and homely atmosphere in which the residents can achieve maximum independence, stimulation and choice. You'll be a passionate, empathetic and collaborative Care Assistant or care worker who can be flexible in the hours you work, with availability also to work weekends and bank holidays. Along with an excellent salary, you'll be entitled to other career and lifestyle benefits.
Some of your care responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the personal, practical and social/emotional Care of residents and other clients of the home
- Administering medication by following care plans, medication records and our client's policy and procedure
- Appropriate record-keeping, including completion of personal care records, medication records and care plans
You'll be joining a committed and collaborative Care team in Edinburgh. Our client encourages and promotes collaboration, so you'll work closely with colleagues and other professionals. As part of the carer role, you'll need to be supportive, flexible and understanding of the needs and views of others. You'll receive free training, free uniform and join some fantastic and inclusive colleagues.
What you'll need to provide:
- SVQ Level 2 in Care, or a willingness to complete it alongside regular SVQ and statutory training where required
- Basic food hygiene qualifications
- Excellent communication and people skills
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Minimum 6 months UK working experience of care/support
To find out more or to apply for this rewarding Care Assistant role in Edinburgh, please get in touch with us today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.