Health Protection Practitioner
£160 - 200 per day
Are you looking for a new and exciting role with excellent pay rates?
Look no further.
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting a Health Protection Practitioner on behalf of a client in Wirral. This is a temporary contract. You will be working Full time hours - 9am - 17.30pm
Responsibilities of the role:
Public Health England (PHE) provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation's health. Its ambition is to lead nationally, and enable locally, a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England, regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. PHE is an executive agency of the Department of Health. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner. PHE Centres have a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with local authorities, local resilience fora, NHS commissioners and the providers of public health services from the public, third and independent sector to
* Support and influence the delivery of improved outcomes for the public's health.
* Integrating the different public health disciplines, providing effective services and support for health protection, health improvement and health care public health with a focus on reducing health inequalities, PHE Centres provide a single point of access to the full range of PHEs specialist skills and knowledge.
* PHE Centres enable a flexible approach to service and support provision, within a nationally consistent framework.
* The new PHE Centres focus on a delivery model where staff work as part of multiple teams including place based teams, programme teams and functional teams.
* The place based approach supports local partners, particularly Local Authorities, across the 3 domains of Public Health, ensuring that local priorities and challenges are understood, that key relationships are fostered and that partners can access appropriate PHE expertise.
* It is recognised that staff will require support to establish this way of working.
* The PHE Centre's integrated business support function will deliver a service to all the teams in the Centre and will be key to supporting the implementation of the new model.
* Key generic skills for all staff groups working at PHEC level include: Leading and communicating - with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm Collaborating and partnering - professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people.
* Building capability for all - strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, others and the organisation.
* All staff have a role as a local advocate for public health and their PHEC ? Additional skills such a delivery through others, influencing skills, knowledge transfer, supporting evidence into practice and leadership and influencing skills will be supported for all workforces in the PHE Centre and included where relevant into staff Personal Development Plans (PDP's)
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age