Monday - Friday
Opportunity to travel
We are working with a cracking client who are now looking for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor. Within this role you will be working as part of a supportive team ensuring all Health and Safety on site is maintained and developed.
* Contribute to the development of the company's management & QA systems and risk management/loss prevention programs by reporting, developing and improving procedures.
* Fulfilling the role of DPA, is responsible for the implementation of the ISM code on-board all vessels assigned to them, raising concerns on safety and pollution prevention issues, as necessary, with the highest level of management.
* Visits sites at regular intervals to have a critical look at the security and safety aspects and at the relevant working instructions, and executes ISM and ISPS audits on board
* Ensures that all vessels assigned to them are kept in certification with regards to the ISM & ISPS codes.
* Tracks the quality, safety and security standards and if necessary takes appropriate and timely actions to meet the or enhance the current standards;
* Improve safety awareness whilst ensuring all appropriate training, coaching and monitoring is undertaken
* Experience within Health & Safety and preferably Occupational Safety
* Ideally NEBOSH qualified ( Consider applications without)
* Marine Industry experience. Knowledge of ISM and ISPS codes.
* Excellent knowledge of Safety and QA Systems
If you find this role of interest and would like an informal chat, please do not hesitate in getting in touch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.