Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
4 months ago
We are working alongside a well respected regional civil engineering contractor to help secure the services of a permanently employed SHEQ Advisor.
As a safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) advisor, you will use your knowledge and skills to nurture a positive SHEQ culture within the workplace. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable SHE regulations and quality control both on site and within other work areas.
* Ensuring that SHEQ services are rendered to stakeholders effectively and efficiently.
* Completing and /or assisting others with risk assessments and method statements.
* Completing SHEQ inspections and audits to ensure good standards are maintained.
* Participation in external audits and maintaining SSiP verification and corporate membership data so current.
* Suggesting improvements to working processes and contributing to the development of effective policies, objectives and procedures.
* Thoroughly investigating accidents, incidents and other relevant loss events to establish root cause, producing meaningful reports and retaining/analysing accident/incident records.
* Identifying potential hazards, risks and opportunities.
* Ensuring employees understand SHEQ procedures/requirements.
* Checking equipment is safe / installed safely.
* Compiling statistics for reports and presentations.
* Monitoring remedial / improvement actions and evaluating effectiveness of actions taken.
* Advising and training employees on best working practices and new processes. Contributing to training needs analysis.
* Liaising with enforcing authority inspectors and employee representatives.
* Keeping abreast of applicable legislation.
* Producing meaningful reports, newsletters, toolbox talks and bulletins.
* Providing knowledgeable advice on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire safety, hazardous substances, noise, HAVS etc. relevant to site operations and other applicable work areas.
* Participating in SHEQ meetings at various levels (internal and external).
* Delivering SHEQ induction training.
* Assisting with PQQ / bid responses.
* Ensuring continual professional development and proactive participation in own performance review.
* Undertaking any other duties as might be reasonably requested to complete.
* Working legal knowledge relevant to construction operations; particularly safety related.
* Good attention to detail.
* Able to use own initiative and problem solve.
* Collaborator / team player / influencer but also able to work alone.
* Persistence and determination.
* Construction / utility / highways experience, particularly in respect of health and safety.
* Willing to learn, adapt and develop.
* Established communicator at all levels.
* Minimum NVQ level 3 / NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
* Minimum Tech IOSH
* Working knowledge of ISO management standards, particularly ISO 18001/45001.
* Environmentally / quality aware, and willing to expand knowledge in these areas.
* Good MS skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Flexible proactive approach but with ability to react effectively where necessary.
* Able to manage own time.
* Full and clean driving licence.
You should be based within 45 minutes of Wakefield. For more information please contact James Ranson
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.