Job Title Head Office Accountant
Duration: 2 years fixed term contract - strong probability it will then become permanent
Salary guide: £37k - £40k
This is a newly created opportunity with a global multi-billion dollar company within the manufacturing industry. Due to a systems implementation project, this prestigious client require extra support to help deliver this project.
A position has become available for a Headquarters Accountant working in the Finance department, reporting to the Financial Controller.
Primary responsibility will be providing strong, professional and compliant financial and operations support to the organisation.
Job Requirements (not limited to):
* Manages the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems:
* Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
* Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
* Ensure integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts.
* Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
* Participates in annual audits and special projects.
* Work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes.
The successful candidate will also participate in improvement initiatives and global projects.
The candidate must have relevant financial experience in a large organisation, ideally operating in a multi-currency environment
Must be able to demonstrate:
* Strong numeracy skills, be comfortable working in different currencies and applying exchange rates
* Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
* Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
* Good interpersonal skills - Should be a flexible team player, proactive and have the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment.
* An understanding of compliance, continuous improvement and excellent customer service
* Commercial and financial awareness, ideally including incoterms and VAT
* Experience of working in an international organisation and awareness of cultural differences
Successful candidate will have:
* A recognised accounting qualification
* Strong PC skills, especially Outlook and excel, with the ability to perform basic data analysis e.g. extracting data and applying pivot tables
* Proven experience of ERP packages, ideally Baan or SAP
Ideally, the candidate will have previous experience of SharePoint
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Stake Holder Pension Scheme - Auto enrolled
* Private Medical Insurance - Optional
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Life Assurance providing a death benefit of 4 x basic annual salary
* Office working hours are 08.30 to 5pm
* Car Parking is available on site for all employees
Please contact Gavin Dixon at Search Consultancy on 07818 075822
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age