Head of Soft Services - Central London - £55k DOE - Permanent
Hours: Mon- Fri 8-5pm
Are you an experienced Soft Services Manager looking for a challenging new role in London? We are currently helping a sizeable city-based organisation find a Head of Soft Services to cover three sites in central London.
You will be leading the delivery of soft services across the company's sites, including cleaning, security, FOH and workplace support functions (account administration and help desk). The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the account leadership team, leading a team of 75 staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* All elements of the management of the external supply chain and facilities in-house staff including performance management, target setting and quality monitoring taking corrective action as required.
* Setting rotas, developing call out schedules and monitoring attendance to ensure that necessary services are provided at all times and that staff resources are utilised in the most efficient manner.
* Lead by example to promote a positive culture, ensuring Health, Safety and Environment risks are effectively managed.
* Ensure appropriate governance is in place to comply with health, safety and other legal requirements.
* Take responsibility for building customer advocacy with all stakeholders and colleagues by fostering a collaborative, partnership approach to relationships.
* Understand key business drivers, actively develop and implements solutions to enhance the delivery of exceptional service and align operational strategies and priorities accordingly to balance customer and business needs.
* Analyse the business performance of the service(s), using the data to drive decision making and operational improvements.
* Report on business performance through MI and KPI reporting.
* Provide leadership and management such that all employees understand and adopt the strategy and plans and are motivated to achieve their objectives in a timely and professional manner.
* Ensure a culture of high employee engagement and participation through effective and sustained people strategies aligned with the overall business objectives.
* Encourage staff to meet their full potential, foster teamwork by creating an environment where ideas and innovation are explored and existing practices are challenged where improvement is considered possible.
* Take responsibility for the training and development of employees through the annual appraisal process and account succession planning, ensuring that all employees work safely and are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PPE and other control standards.
* Be financially accountable, including the preparation, monitoring and management of the budget in line with agreed contract objectives.
* Lead the workplace support functions (account helpdesk and administration) of the account to deliver a high performing, customer focused, streamlined approach to service delivery and budget control
* Work alongside the Account Director and Account Manager to develop and maintain the ISO44001 Collaborative Business Relationship strategy in partnership with DHSC, acting as the Deputy Risk and Customer Relationship Manager
* Adhere to all policies and procedures, in particular the PPE mandate
You will be taking responsibility for the training and development of employees through the annual appraisal process and account succession planning, ensuring that everyone works safely and is aware of their duties.
To apply for this Head of Soft Services position, you will need:
? A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
? IOSH Managing Safely or higher qualification in Health & Safety
? CMI / ILM - management level 5 or equivalent
? Strong leadership skills and people management, demonstrable from previous positions
? An advanced, all-round knowledge of security and TFM operations
To apply for this Head of Facilities Management job in London, please contact us asap. All interviews will be conducted online or on the phone.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.