Head of Social Investment
Search Consultancy Ltd is currently working with a highly respected housing association in Greater Manchester and we currently have a vacancy for a full-time, Head of Social Investment.
The overall objectives of this post are to position and develop the performance and strategic fit of a broad range of support services, in order to maximise the opportunities and value of resources
You will work closely with customers and stakeholders including Local Authorities and commissioners, contractors, colleagues in supported housing, support services, neighbourhood teams and corporate services to develop social investment projects and partnerships which support neighbourhood plans to create sustainable neighbourhoods and improve the life chances and opportunities for residents. This will include developing, appraising and writing bid applications to develop services and support business sustainability and growth.
Key priority themes which you will be responsible for include employment and training, health and wealth being, financial inclusion and community development/cohesion work.
You will line manage a number of staff, set and managed budgets, and be responsible for setting the framework and strategic direction for the delivery of some services within locally based staff teams.
You will have the following experience and skills:
- Delivery of customer focused services;
- Leading a team in a performance driven environment;
- Managing projects designed to achieve social benefit;
- Successfully bidding for funding;
- Setting and controlling budgets;
- Effective networking, promotion and negotiation skills;
- Developing and delivering policy and procedures;
- Understanding of the issues faced by low income households;
- Contributing to the development and delivery of organisational strategy;
- Knowledge of funding opportunities, grant regimes and an understanding of government priorities;
- Knowledge of the principles of Social Return on Investment methodologies to measure the value of investment.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Catherine Yates at the Manchester office of Search Consultancy.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age