Head of Quality
Up to £80,000
My client is a leading company in the development, creation and manufacture of food supplements, licensed products, pet nutrition and bespoke industrial/pharmaceutical products.
As Head of Quality you will:
* Lead the Quality Department, approximately 15 direct heads, consisting of QC (primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of raw materials and finished goods) and QA as well as Regulatory/Validation of varying types.
* Be part of the Senior Management Team, responsible for the daily and strategic management of the Company.
* Manage and carry out supplier audits and an internal audit program.
* Maintain and improve the company's existing Quality Management System.
* Participate during inspections and audits by external bodies such as the MHRA, British Retail Consortium and customers, including the review of previous audit reports and planning appropriate remedial action.
* Communicate significant quality issues and corrective/preventative actions to the Company's Senior Management.
* Successfully represent the Company's quality function to regulators, customers and suppliers.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Quality role:
* Excellent management skills
* A BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related subject
* Relevant experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility - however food and chemical manufacturing will also be considered. You will need to have experience of complex manufacturing processes.
* Experience of working within a Quality Management System and be able to understand and demonstrate how it can add value and ensure compliance in a licensed manufacturing facility.
* You will be comfortable working in a team, interacting with departments across the business and at all levels within the business and you will be able to find the right balance between the regulatory and commercial aspects of the role.
* You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable dealing with regulators, customers and suppliers.
If you are an experienced Quality Manager looking for a new challenge, please apply now!!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.