Head of Quality
Up to £80,000
My client is a leading company in the development, creation and manufacture of food supplements, licensed products, pet nutrition and bespoke industrial/pharmaceutical products.
As Head of Quality you will:
* Lead the Quality Department, approximately 15 direct heads, consisting of QC (primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of raw materials and finished goods) and QA as well as Regulatory/Validation of varying types.
* Be part of the Senior Management Team, responsible for the daily and strategic management of the Company.
* Manage and carry out supplier audits and an internal audit program.
* Maintain and improve the company's existing Quality Management System.
* Participate during inspections and audits by external bodies such as the MHRA, British Retail Consortium and customers, including the review of previous audit reports and planning appropriate remedial action.
* Communicate significant quality issues and corrective/preventative actions to the Company's Senior Management.
* Successfully represent the Company's quality function to regulators, customers and suppliers.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Quality role:
* Excellent management skills
* A BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related subject
* Relevant experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility - however food and chemical manufacturing will also be considered. You will need to have experience of complex manufacturing processes.
* Experience of working within a Quality Management System and be able to understand and demonstrate how it can add value and ensure compliance in a licensed manufacturing facility.
If you are an experienced Quality Manager looking for a new challenge, please apply now!!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.