Coventry, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Competitive package
3 months ago
My client, a market leader in the medical devices industry, are seeking a Head of Operational/workforce Planning to take ownership of their resource allocation function and move it forward as the business grows. You will also be responsible for recruitment, employee engagement, training, and Change Management initiatives. The company has recently experienced unprecedented growth and consequently need an experienced Resource Planning manager to help the business continue to move forwards. You will initially be responsible for a team of 4 resource planners with a view of expanding the team over the next couple of months.
This is a fantastic time to join the health care industry particularly with a privately owned company that has a people-centric culture and really values their employees. As Head of Operational Planning you will be within the top 15 decision makers within the business and will report directly into the COO.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Develop a lean and simplified resourcing process ensuring speed and efficiency
* Provide guidance on capability gaps/ needs whilst ensuring utilisation of available resources
* Monitor utilisation statistics and develop appropriate analytics
* Detailed understanding of current and future demand
* Implement resourcing systems from excel/manual processes
* Provide weekly/monthly metrics to senior management highlighting key issues
* Lead & develop a team of resourcer's and make recommendations to ensure the staffing levels are on level with the operations needs
* Advise the delivery team on the best way to engage in the resource management processes, and recommend improvements for efficiency
Key experience required:
* Extensive operational planning experience within a logistics/distribution/health care environment
* Previous experience managing or developing a resource planning function
* Experience implementing/ working with a number of people/shift management systems
* Highly collaborative and solutions focused
* Proven problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Experience within the medial devices industry would be advantageous
* Ability to work within a fast paced environment
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Customer service mindset
* Confident and dynamic individual with bias to communicating in-person
This role is a home-based position but you will need to be able to travel into Head Office which is Midlands based. There is a competitive salary offered with a market leading package.
Please get in touch with Jessica directly to discuss the role further: Jessica.email@example.com.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.