Head of QC Microbiology
Competitive rate of pay
Search Scientific are working in partnership with a biologics company based in Slough to recruit a Head of Microbiology for their QC department.
Reporting to the Head of QC, the Head of Microbiology will be responsible for 5 direct reports, 2 of which are the Microbiology Group Leaders.
* Management and deployment of team resources to maintain agreed testing schedules, control bottleneck processes and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity and flexibility within QC
* Review and sign off completed Drug Substance and Drug Product CofAs and SoTs for batch release
* Actively leading the daily governance of departmental safety and GMP compliance to deliver a safe and GMP compliant workplace
* Maintaining effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics to deliver breakthrough performance in process control, EHS, GMP compliance, quality, cost, people management and customer service
* Executing the QC strategy to deliver strategic business objectives
* Operating as a key member of the QC management team to establish collective priorities and remove barriers to progress
* Engaging with customers as the face of the QC management team to align customer needs with operational execution and when required, host facility GMP compliance audits for the QC laboratories
* Coaching, mentoring and training to increase the capability of the team to respond to problems and improve processes
* Managing communication channels and mechanisms to maintain open dialogue and closed loop feedback to the team
* Controlling departmental costs in line with agreed budgetary constraints
* Utilise knowledge of GMP and QC processes to advise non-QC functions on compliance issues via interaction with the relevant personnel
* To ensure excellent relationships and delivery with customers
* Completion of all core GMP and relevant training and maintaining own training status
* Maintain a general awareness of current literature and patents
* Will have a BSc or equivalent in Microbiology or related scientific discipline
* Significant relevant microbiology experience from within either a pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical GMP environment
* Must have strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead, coach and inspire individuals and teams to set and achieve breakthrough performance goals
* Must have proven ability to discuss microbiology topics with customers and regulators
* Proven track record of planning and delivering projects and programmes to agreed timescales
* Ability to build good relationships with customers, understand their needs, and challenge when necessary
If you are an experienced Microbiology Manager from within the pharmaceutical industry looking for a new challenge then please apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.