We're looking for a brilliant Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting to join a respected and industry leading Financial Services organisation in Glasgow.
Working as one of the senior leadership members in this Glasgow-based, the role is responsible for: Leading and developing a large finance team, taxation, effective yield accounting, statutory and financial statements reporting services for a range of fund types, including UK open-ended investment companies, a property authorised investment fund, unit trusts and life & pension funds.
- Leading UK financial reporting service delivery and meeting client commitments and regulatory requirements.
- Leading the technical accounting function, including implementing regulatory changes.
- Building a high-performing team.
- Driving improvement within financial reporting, with a focus on digital solutions.
As the full-time Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting, you'll work with internal and external stakeholders, be responsible for 3+ direct reports, with a larger staff base of 50+ staff within your remit. Collaborative management skills are imperative, as is experience as a finance manager with strong financial planning skills.
You'll need expertise in:
- Operational excellence, risk and control - You'll identify and manage risk, and foster a culture that supports and encourages the development of employee careers.
- Client focus - You'll represent the company in industry bodies and maintain a professional wider industry network.
- Budget management - You'll ensure expenditure is within department budget, manage financial reporting unit cost, and improve efficiency.
- Strategy and governance - You'll help develop strategic plans to support the Global Fund Accounting Target Operating Model, and participate in business committees.
A degree in accounting or finance is expected, along with a professional accounting qualification and working knowledge of IMA SORP for Authorised Investment Funds.
If this dynamic role sounds like your next career step, please contact Jean-Louis at Search Consultancy today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.