My client are a fantastic SME based in North Wales, they are experiencing a prolonged period of growth and are now looking for a new Head of Finance to drive the company forward.
Reporting in to a supportive and experienced MD the role will focus upon continuous improvement of finance systems and procedures as well as increasing the emphasis on mitigating risks to the business and maximising profitability.
- Provision of monthly management accounts pack and financial reporting to the Senior Management Team
- Supporting the Divisional Director and his senior team in decision making with the emphasis on mitigating risks and maximising cash and profitability.
- Take a lead role ensuring that there is strong commercial and management review in all commercial decisions.
- Monitoring monthly site performance including adherence to KPIs
- Reviews of raw material costs and wastage
- Formulation of annual budget / forecasts and financial targets.
- Ensuring both internal and external governance procedures are maintained, with responsibility for financial controls inline with company procedures and best practice.
- Act as the lead finance role to drive improvements in process and system efficiency's
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Finance and Commercial skill set - including experience of operating as a strategic business partner as part of a Senior Management Team.
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting and costing techniques.
- Experience of procurement and competitive tender processes, from initial enquiry to contract.
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Able to work autonomously within a divisional reporting environment.
- Able to successfully influence and challenge at a senior level
- Experience of managing financial systems in a senior role and enthusiasm for continuous improvement in system control and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT Literate, with strong excel skills.
- Salary circa £60,000 (D.O.E) + Bonus
- 25 days plus bank holiday
- Hybrid working pattern
- Private health care