Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Head of Family Law - Top 200 Law Firm - Blackburn
Salary up at £55k
I am currently recruiting a Family Solicitor to head up an established Private Family Law department at a leading firm in Blackburn.
You will be leading the way in building and developing the department and workload whilst having the full support of management to progress and drive the department forward.
The main responsibilities held by this position are:
* Handling cases in compliance with relevant internal and external professional standards
* Comply with all internal policies and procedures
* Comply with current Code of Conduct and other relevant external regulations and professional guidelines
* Provide up-to-date, accurate, effective, practical and equitable legal advice and representation.
* Maintain and update the Business Plan for the Department
* Efficient administration and handling of personal case load, to include - Taking instructions in person, in writing or by telephone from new and existing clients representing clients in court and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current law and trends
* Maintaining a court conference and file review diary, to include - Monthly billing and time recording
Skills and Experience
* 5 years PQE Family Solicitor/Legal Executive
* Ideally the candidate should have a DV accreditation from Law Society or Resolution
* Advocacy experience
* Confident with business development
* Experienced in dealing with a broad range of family related matters
* Have a people-centred approach
* Be able to deliver first class client service
* Be commercially minded
An in depth knowledge of the Lancashire market would be an advantage
* Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications)
* 24 days annual leave with long service accrual+ Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Company Pension
* Perk Box Benefit Package
* Free Eye Tests
* Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
* Rewarded for efforts with a healthy bonus.
* Encouragement of internal progression
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.