Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£45000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
I am thrilled to be exclusively partnering with a market leader within the retail export industry on their search for a Head of Buying/purchasing based in Liverpool. This is a brand new position to the business and is a fantastic opportunity for any ambitious purchasing professional looking for their next step into a senior leadership role.
The Head of Buying will be responsible for the direct & indirect procurement functions, overseeing the purchasing budget for the entire business, and managing a team of 5 Buyers.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Drive, develop and deliver the purchasing strategy across the business.
* Responsible for the entire purchasing budget, overseeing a team of 5 buyers.
* Drive exceptional performance inline with the companies values and strategic goals.
* Responsible for a portfolio of 20,000 lines across grocery, frozen and chilled goods.
* Identify potential suppliers (national & international) ensuring commercial terms are agreed.
* Manage and continually develop relationships with existing suppliers ensuring performance levels are inline with business needs.
* Lead of exclusive agreements and terms with retailers & wholesalers across various markets.
* Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers for quality, value and lead times.
* Lead on all in-direct procurement as per the business requirements day to day.
* Regular reporting, forecasting and budget management.
* Promote team development, coaching and succession plans.
Key skills required for the role:
* Experience leading the purchasing/procurement function for a business ideally within the retail, wholesale or export industry.
* Team management experience across a buying function.
* Previous exposure to procurement budgets and reporting to senior stakeholders.
* A leader that is passionate about developing others and achieving success.
* Experience across a broad range of buying channels is essential with evidence of success.
* Good people skills with a sound work ethic.
* Organised with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for brands and food.
* The right candidate must be IT literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This is a permanent role offering a salary up to £70,000 + benefits (car + bonus) based in Liverpool. Flexible working is available as currently the team work from home 2 x days per week.
For further information on the position please reach out to Jessica directly.