This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced H&S professional who is looking for a new opportunity in the East Midlands area.
- Report to the board of directors on health and safety issues, statistics, and recommendations for improvement ensuring that a "check the checkers" protocol is in place and is embedded within our management controls and reporting.
- Administer/conduct risk assessments as required be they; statutory, meeting approved code of practice or company policy ensuing any remedial actions are completed.
- Take ownership of, develop and continuously update the Safe Systems of Working (SSOW) and ensure all appropriate training is administered/provided.
- Manage/audit the provision of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment ensuring that any risks associated to tasks are managed/minimised.
- Manage First Aid & Fire Protection across all sites ensuring statutory and legal requirements are met and appropriate record keeping is managed and kept up to date at all times.
- Act as a senior point of contact for any incidents and accidents that occur across all sites and support all functions with the development and implementation of any remedial actions.
- Manage Incident, accident investigations and near miss reporting.
- Coordinate and assist in external compliance audits.
- Provide timely information and documentation to support the Company claims handling process as required.
- Hold and manage EH&S committee meetings.
- Manage, administer and deliver site inductions for new starters.
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Proven experience as a Health & Safety Manager in Warehousing, Logistics or Supply Chain environments.
- Thorough understanding of Environmental Health and Safety legislative, statutory and approved code of practice requirements.
- Ability to engage and motivate people.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including; PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and execute projects, tasks and initiatives.
- Ability to adapt and develop relevant policies.
- Structured, organised with the ability to deep dive where required.
- Experience in managing H & S cases
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.