About this role
Group Sales Manager - Tour Operations
Salary - Up to £32,000 - £35,000 DOE
Working Hours - Monday to Friday - 9am - 17:30pm
Start date - ASAP
Location - City Centre of Edinburgh
Are you looking to join a growing company that values your personal growth and invests in you? This position is for anyone looking to work in a fast-paced environment and has the desire to thrive in the travel trade industry. We are looking for motivated individual who is keen to make there next step within the tourism industry.
They have built a strong reputation as a leading destination management company in the UK and are looking for individuals to join them who share a similar passion for travel.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of any team members, ensuring yourself and others are operating at optimum levels with all enquiries acknowledged & handled on time, following correct procedure & delivered at the high standards expected. You will be expected to handle a high volume of quoting & operations yourself with a natural focus on any high-profile or large projects. As the teams grow your focus will develop more towards converting quotes into sales and allowing the team to take more operational duties from you.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Dealing with group enquiries, quoting & operating of, but not limited to, your currently identified Group Key Accounts as have been currently identified and any other quotes required.
* Directly managing those same Key Accounts with regular contact and production reviews, with a view to long term growth.
* Ensuring / overseeing that all existing group operational procedures are followed including, but not limited to, quote follow up & release, equal distribution of new requests, payments, reconfirmation of itineraries verbally with suppliers a few days before each service, invoicing.
* Working closely with your direct manager actively reviewing current operational practice within Groups, identifying & proposing any changes or improvements, then implementing any authorised changes / additions.
* Ensuring all payment deadlines are being met by agents (with deposits and balances actually received in our account), seeking confirmation from your direct manager should you wish to show a degree of flexibility when required but at all times looking to minimise the level of risk the company is exposed to.
* Constantly seeking to maximise turnover and increase profit margins whilst using your commercial judgement and any current market information to meet specific budgets working within pre-determined profit margin criteria.
* Assisting the Director of Operations & Group Sales in the preparation of seasonal group budgets and the identification of potential sales trips / workshops.
* Being aware of budgeted production targets & profit margins month by month taking any action as necessary in order to help achieve them.
* Assisting in the training & integration of any new staff members.
* Providing, and participating in, any in-house training sessions when required.
Skills and experience required:
* Must have experience in the tourism or DMC industry
* People with real passion - you've got to love travel and be passionate about customer service
* Strong communication skills verbal and written
* Management Experience
* Very good knowledge of MS Office.
* Good organisational skills
* Good attention to detail, maintaining accuracy
* Flexible approach
* Able to work on own initiative
* Tourplan experience
* Flexible working time/Hybrid working
* 1:1 training tailormade according to the individual
* Mental Wellbeing Support
* Travel & Health insurance
* Yearly Travel card
* Weekend away
* Social events
If you are interested please apply with your most up to date CV ASAP.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Call & Contact Centre, Work for Us
08 March 2024
£25000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + uncapped commission, benefits
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Manchester
Bonus & Benefits
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Healthcare
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
Legal Recruitment Consultant - US Firms
City of London, London
£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Car Allowance, Commission, Bonus
£24000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Uncapped Commission
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Learn more about a Call & Contact Centre career
Whether you’re looking for a temporary or permanent Call & Contact Centre role, our team are ready to help you find the job that meets all your requirements.