German Speaking Financial Accountant - Circa £35k - Salary + Competitive Benefits Package - Permanent - Manchester
Search Accountancy are working on a exciting project to recruit for one of the world's leading Pharma/Life Science organisations.We are now looking for a qualified/part-qualified German speaking Financial Accountant to join the EMEA Shared Service Centre (SSC) in Central Manchester.
In this role you'll form part of our Record-to-Report (RTR) team, each member of which is aligned with a specific function or region(s). Ensuring compliance with the company Management Accounting Manual (MAM), your own responsibilities will focus on managing transactions within the SAP Controlling (CO) module - including responsibility for closing it - for the Swiss (CH) region, one of the largest and most high profile in the group. You can expect to contribute often complex technical analysis in support of requests from Site Controllers regarding cost adjustments and you'll be heavily involved in the month end closing activities to achieve these.
Amongst your other responsibilities, you'll be called upon to support the budget-end process for the Swiss (CH) region, playing an instrumental role in ensuring the process - including all reconciliations - is completed in compliance with the MAM.
The successful candidate will be qualified or working towards an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an accounting role in industry with particular exposure to financial reporting.Hands-on experience using with expertise to intermediate level and a strong appreciation of transaction coding Month-end reporting experience
- At least business-level German language competence, confident communicating both verbally and in writing with advanced level English-language skills
- Highly numerate and proficient at calculations with advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative in approach, able to act as Business Partner when appropriate and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers in-region
- Strong team-worker, committed to team goals and supportive of colleagues
- Adaptable and able to multi-task, prioritising effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail whilst delivering under pressureat a very exciting time in the development of the SSC.
The centre is growing rapidly and will absorb additional regions and activities within the shared services model. Not only does this add to the scale of the operation - with all the additional career development opportunities this implies
This award winning organisation is truly innovative in what they do and there are fantastic career opportunities available.
For further information, contact Vicky Howard @ Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.