We are working with a specialist ground engineering contractor that is expanding their busy Operations team, and are looking for experienced Engineering Geologists to join them, working on a range of projects within the field of Site Investigation and ground stabilisation engineering.
This is an exciting opportunity for those with a solid understanding of UK geology who are looking for their next challenge and the opportunity to increase knowledge and responsibility, within a friendly and ambitious environment.
Working in a fast paced, varied role, you will be required to manage day to day operational site control of contracts of varying sizes within the UK, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and customer service.
Based out of offices in Leeds you will work on site (nationwide) and in the office, managing fieldwork activities, including assisting with the preparation of health and safety documentation before and during any site works, together with collating of data, and scheduling the analysis of soil and water samples, along with report writing.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
* Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors and providing assistance to sub-contractors as required.
* Fieldwork including soil logging, geotechnical soils testing and scheduling.
* Monitoring and sampling.
* Management of sample storage and dispatch to geotechnical and chemical testing laboratories.
* Data collation, review and interpretation.
* Preparation of desk studies and ground investigation reports.
* Providing logistics assistance to more senior staff.
* Assist in the preparation of Health and Safety documentation prior to and during the site phase of work, to ensure that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Knowledge and Experience required:
* You should be well organised and relatively independent and have a strong focus on problem solving. The successful candidate will be flexible and keen to take a pro-active role in all aspects of the company operations and development.
* You will need to have good commercial awareness to ensure the works perform on time and within budget, and be able to support and engage a motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
* Excellent communication skills are a must, along with ensuring good client relations, as you will be managing clients, engineers and subcontractors.
* You must be fully flexible to work across the UK for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
* You will ideally have a minimum of 3 years experience of working within the Ground Investigation market, including trial pitting and drilling supervision.
* In addition to the above, you will need a degree level qualification in geology or civil engineering, be in possession of a full clean UK driving licence, together with good reporting writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to work both as part of a team and alone.
Physical Working Environment:
This vacancy will be based from a regional office in Leeds, with travel to sites across the UK, so a full UK driving licence and willingness to work on sites is essential.
In return, on offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, and flexible benefits such as additional holiday purchase. The employer also offers training and development opportunities, including support through the Pathway to Chartership.
For further information please call James Ranson
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.