We are looking for an Operative to join our clients highways teams in Devon.
They have an immediate vacancy at our Okehampton depot.
Our Highways team keep communities moving. Join them to help construct and maintain roads with Devon Highways in a role that's ideal for anyone that enjoys manual outdoor work and is willing to pitch in and support winter and emergency maintenance out of hours activities on a standby rota.
- Work on Highways repairs, ranging from Patching, Potholes, Drainage, Footways and general highway maintenance.
- Take responsibility for vehicles/plant/materials in your charge
- Undertake out of hours winter maintenance and emergency works
Their looking for:
- Clean driving License
- A commitment to Health and Safety
- Good communication skills and basic literacy and numeracy
- Ability to undertake a high level of manual work and work outdoors in all weathers - be required to assist in Winter Maintenance duties
- LGV Class C driving licence OR demonstrate capability to support investment of LGV Class C training during probationary period
- New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Operative Accreditation
- CSCS Card
- Highways experience
There infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you're involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you'll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age