General Manager (PCV - Busses)
£50,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Increase overall Driver and Engineering Efficiency of the Depot to ensure overall business level profit and KPIs are achieved.
- Ensure work activities are done safely. As the accountable manager and duty holder, ensures the effective implementation of UK Bus Safety Standards in connection to the work activities within their area of management control.
- Deliver a consistently reliable, punctual and safe service which exceeds customer expectations
- Deliver and improve overall Operational Total Cost
- Be a leader in the depot with a clear vision to enhance staff engagement, ensuring clearly defined plans, processes and levels of accountability
- Supports the development and deployment of strategic plans within the Depot and in support of the Region / UK Bus
- Leads from the front to ensure Transformation activity is developed, planned, executed and embedded within the Depot
- Be aware of and contribute to the broader commercial environment, taking a key role in Network Development.
- Constantly review and monitor all costs within your remit to ensure achievement and ongoing improvement of budgetary targets
- As Transport Manager of the operation ensure the correct usage, recording and maintenance of all Company documentation to ensure a visible, clear, concise audit trail is achieved to fulfil company and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, operator licensing, quality and health & safety
- Manage the local trade union relationships
- Maintains high environmental standards in relation to all work activities and ensures continual improvement of performance in areas
Required Skills & Attributes
- Experience of managing a large PCV / Bus operation
- Experience of leading, managing, motivating and developing high performing teams (50+ team members)
- Background in a customer facing environment, capable of understanding and developing customer satisfaction and managing dispute resolutions
- Holder of Manager CPC or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent safety management accreditation
- Capable of translating the Depots Strategic and Annual deliverable in to effective and translatable plans
- Experience of working in partnership with Trade Union representative
- Proficient IT Skills
- Well developed Commercial and customer awareness
- Effective with written and verbal communications
- Well-developed organisational, negotiating, decision- making, analytic and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, influencing and planning skills
- Excellent analytically and numerical skills
- Background in Change Management
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.