We are on the lookout for an experienced Harvest Utility Operator with a Telehandlers Licence to assist a busy team in the Montrose area. The successful applicant will receive full training and a salary of £10.00p/h and overtime and weekends.
This seasonal role will suit someone looking for temp work and is expected to last for a minimum of 12 weeks. The shifts are from 6 am to 2 pm and 2 pm to 10 pm available, so it is essential that you're able to take a flexible working approach to the hours you work.
As Harvest Utility Operator, your duties will include:
- Routine cleaning of site areas to ensure they are kept clear and free of debris and dust build-up
- Traffic management duties to provide vehicles are in the correct place at all times and manoeuvre safely
- Taking samples of dried barley and delivering to the office for testing
- Supporting the lab as required, e.g. sampling and testing barley via computer, physical and sensory checks
- Entering load information including test results into the AX system
You will be overseeing barley drying and the intake of barley into the processing plant, guiding vehicles, operating the barley drying equipment and ensuring the dried product goes to correct location on site. You will also be supporting weighbridge operations as required, and there will be cleaning duties during night shifts.
To apply for this role, you will require:
- General labouring experience, traffic management experience and (ideally) production operative experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Computer literate and good with numbers
- Ability to work at heights (ladder work is involved)
Holding a Telescopic Handler licence would also be beneficial as will be owning your transport to access the site. To apply for this Harvest Utility Operator job in Montrose, contact us today to begin the application procedure.
All interviews will be conducted online or on the phone. Your health and safety are of primary importance to Search Consultancy.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age