Role: Senior PHP Full Stack Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Are you a talented Python Developer? Would you like to opportunity to work on projects that make a difference to peoples lives? If the answers are yes, this is the opportunity for you!
My client, a well known online student community based in Brighton, is looking to add a Senior Full Stack PHP Developer to their ever expanding tech team. My client runs some interesting projects. Their newest is an app aimed at bettering the mental health, wellbeing, and engagement of students worldwide; so it's really rewarding work!
To be considered for the role, applicants will require:
* Commercial programming experience with PHP
* Experience of MySQL and/or MariaDB database design, complex query generation, and optimisation
* Knowledge of DevOps (AWS/Google/Azure, Ansible, Docker etc)
* Knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) design patterns and methods
Whether you're a front-end, mid-level, or back-end specialist, my client is looking for the right person to help them continue to develop and grow. If the above description is of interest, and you meet the requirements, please apply away!
We are currently working on several projects, the main focus areas being:
* Deep engagement - looking at how we can keep people on the site for longer and improve their experience
* Big data - identifying what data we have, and could be gathering the right information to improve what we can offer to clients and student
Our projects are built on LAMP technologies, as well as other tools and frameworks like: Laravel, OpenStack, ReactJS, React Native, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, vBulletin, NginX.
Working with the rest of our scrum team you will be responsible for:
* Helping to scope, technically design, develop and deliver on new development projects
* Providing the optimisations and fine-tuning required to enable 7 million unique visitors make half a million posts each month
* Maintaining & improving the existing code base and providing great technical insight and documentation
* Mentoring or sharing your knowledge with members of the development team and you will be a champion for quality assurance. This will be done both one-to-one, on projects or through regular team knowledge share sessions.
* Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and suggesting how different technology might be used to improve our offering
* Comprehensive commercial programming experience in PHP on a Linux environment
* Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and methods
* Experience of MySQL and/or Maria DB database design, complex query generation, and optimisation
* Knowledge of Docker, Ansible and/or AWS
* Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Self-motivated to learn and improve
* Good communication skills and is a team player
* Experience using GIT version control and Jira for task management
* Experience managing and maintaining a production Linux environment, with knowledge or the technologies such as Varnish, Pound, Memcached, Redis, Solr, Apache
* A Computer Science degree or equivalent qualification
Day in the life:
We really care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
* A competitive salary
* 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
* Your birthday day off
* Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
* Flexible working hours and arrangements
* Group Life insurance
* Generous pension scheme
* Private healthcare
* Healthcare Cash Plan
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Pet friendly workplace
* Fresh fruit
* Friday afternoon drinks
* Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.