Full Stack PHP Developer
Salary: Up to £50,000
My client is looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer to bring something extra to their team. Based a stones throw from Brighton Station, my client hosts an online community which receives upwards of 1 million site views per day so this is some massively rewarding work!
The successful candidate could a talented front, mid, or back end specialist; but my client is looking for: Commercial PHP experience on a Linux environment, Knowledge of object-oriented design (OOD) patterns and methods, Experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB database design, and Knowledge of Docker, Ansible, and/or AWS.
If you're a passionate Full Stack Developer, and you like the sound of this gig, apply away! This isn't a role to miss with a awesome employer by the seaside.
Key role responsibilities:
Working with the rest of our scrum team you will be responsible for:
* Helping to scope, technically design, develop and deliver on new development projects
* Providing the optimisations and fine-tuning required to enable 7 million unique visitors make half a million posts each month
* Maintaining & improving the existing code base and providing great technical insight and documentation
* Mentoring or sharing your knowledge with members of the development team and you will be a champion for quality assurance. This will be done both one-to-one, on projects or through regular team knowledge share sessions.
* Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and suggesting how different technology might be used to improve our offering
This role will suit someone who has:
* Comprehensive commercial programming experience in PHP on a Linux environment
* Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and methods
* Experience of MySQL and/or Maria DB database design, complex query generation, and optimisation
* Knowledge of Docker, Ansible and/or AWS
* Self-motivated to learn and improve
* Good communication skills and is a team player
Other desirable skill sets include:
* Working in an Agile development environment
* Experience using GIT version control and Jira for task management
* Experience managing and maintaining a production Linux environment, with knowledge or the technologies such as Varnish, Pound, Memcached, Redis, Solr, Apache
* A Computer Science degree or equivalent qualification
We really care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
* A competitive salary
* 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
* Your birthday day off
* Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
* Flexible working hours and arrangements
* Group Life insurance
* Generous pension scheme
* Private healthcare
* Healthcare Cash Plan
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Pet friendly workplace
* Fresh fruit
* Friday afternoon drinks
* Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.