Family Support Worker - Personal Advisor - Leaving Care
£12.14 per hour
We are looking to recruit an Family Support Worker/Personal Advisor on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Working within the leaving care service.
* The personal advisor will be responsible for providing emotional and practical support to our care leavers aged 16-25 years and will be responsible for the completion of pathway plans every 6 months and a duty to have contact with young people at least once every 6/8 weeks.
* The role of the personal advisor includes working with young people and agencies across a range of disciplines including health, education/training providers, criminal justice and adult services to ensure that our care leavers have access to appropriate support during their transition into adulthood.
* You will be working with some hard to reach young people and therefore, a creative and dynamic approach is essential in building positive relationships and trust with young people who can sometimes feel let down by services.
The role requires excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills and previous experience of working with vulnerable children and/or adults. You must be committed and determined to improve outcomes for young people and have experience of doing this.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age