Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £26000.00 per annum
2 months ago
French Speaking Technical Support Advisor
We're looking to have a chat with people that are fluent in French and English with an IT background or someone who has excellent technical knowledge and enjoys solving helping people for a new permanent opportunity with an immediate start date.
Location - Dunfermline - Working from Home at the moment
Salary - £26,000 DOE
Hours of work - Monday to Friday - 8am - 4:30pm
The Tier 1 Technical Support Representatives responsibilities will include telephone and remote support of our custom Windows application, Windows operating systems, e-mail, and network support for customers and field employees. PC configuration also required.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Answer all customer enquiries concerning operation and configuration of clients products
* First level remote diagnosis and repair
* Trouble-shooting of network problems, including connectivity, LAN access, VPN/broadband and non-reporting issues.
* Log every case into the CRM system
* Case escalation to further Technical Support or field teams for critical issues
* Remote installation/troubleshooting for software and upgrades, database repair and removal of software viruses.
* Research technical and software issues to identify trends for early detection and repair.
* Creation/maintenance of department technical documentation within department knowledge base
Skills and experience required:
* Extensive knowledge and practical experience of operating systems including Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/2008//2010/2012/2016 essential. Basic Linux skills would be a benefit.
* Basic understanding of MS Access and SQL databases.
* Basic understanding of web server technologies (Microsoft Internet Information Services)
* Basic knowledge of Active Directory and permissions on Windows Server Operating Systems.
* Bi-lingual, English and French required. Spanish would be a benefit.
* PC hardware and configuration skills essential
* Intermediate networking skills essential.
* Previous experience working in a customer care environment
* Excellent problem analysis/solving, telephone and communication skills.
* Knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes and procedures in order to resolve inquiries independently.
* Good customer and vendor relationship skills.
* Ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and assess their potential impact and usefulness in diverse areas within the company.
* Ability to work flexibly with the team to ensure timely delivery of service.
* Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight timescales.
* An ability to work within tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
* Strong team player with flexible attitude to work priorities.
If you are interested please apply with your most up to date CV ASAP.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.