Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Fraud Specialist - Banking
Location - Edinburgh
Search Consultancy is working in partnership with a major multinational investment bank and financial services company based in Edinburgh looking to recruit Fraud specialist's ASAP on a full time permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to be joining one of the biggest and most successful financial services organisations in the world as they are launching a new digital bank in the UK. They are looking to build the best in class customer service function in Edinburgh as they embark on this exciting chapter.
So if you've got experience in Investigation in a fraud or financial crime role within banking/financial services or other customer facing environment we would love to hear from you.
As a Fraud Investigator, you will be required to manage fraud risks to protect customers and help reduce potential financial losses for the bank. This will be achieved by responding to fraud alerts and managing fraud cases within a multi-skilled fraud operations team. You will investigate cases identified by fraud monitoring systems, or escalated by our fraud Tactical response team, to mitigate fraud risk and provide resolution for a claim. You will be expected to have emotive conversations with customers who have been victim of a scam or impersonation fraud. You will be expected to collaborate with other operations teams and stakeholders in other jurisdictions to build what we aim to be an industry leading customer service operation.
Previous Experience & Skills
* Previous experience in Fraud or financial crime
* Experienced in handling application fraud, scams, mules or first party fraud investigations
* Strong analytical mind-set with experience investigating fraud or financial crime in a previous role.
* Ability to identify fraud and related financial crime risks and take the appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
* Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework and best practice regarding fraud prevention.
* Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Be empathetic and a problem solver.
* Comfortable working in a start-up environment.
* Have a growth mind-set.
* Be a multitasker - talk/type with the customer whilst researching resolution and maintaining customer engagement.
* Have an intrinsic passion to deliver first class service.
* Be a team player and excellent brand advocate.
* Have a passion to learn and self-develop.
You will be provided with a structured training programme which will allow you to develop your skills and afford you a number of career development opportunities across different teams and will also receive an attractive benefits package.
This role is shift based 35 hours a week between 8am - 8pm which will include morning, evening and weekend work on a rotational shift basis. ( You have the option to work either 4 or 5 days per week )
If you have the right experience and you are interested in being part of a new digital banking business please apply with your most up to date CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.