Formulation Group Leader
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Do you have experience using LC and GC-MS?
Are you an experienced Team Leader with a background within Personal Care or Home Care? Do you have experience in performance evaluation of formulations? Then I may have the perfect role for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside and support a leading world class company that develops and produces consumer products within the Personal Care and Home Care arena. This is a group lead role with analytical testing required (80%lab:20%office).
Key responsibilities of the Formulation Group Leader are:
* Managing and supporting a team of 3 Development Scientists, making sure the team is operating at the highest quality and productivity standards.
* Act as the key point of contact for clients ensuring that the client requirements are entirely satisfied and that client expectations are met or exceeded through effective leadership and quality operational management and process improvement.
* Support the development of new product formulations through the use of high throughput automated systems and assist with the evaluation of the performance across different platforms
* Organise, Schedule and Plan requests from multiple clients to be progressed utilising various automated platforms with in line and off line detection systems
* Analytical testing using LC and GC-MS
The ideal candidate for the Formulation Group Leader post:
* A BSc or above in a relevant scientific discipline (physical science, pharmacy, pharmacology, or related physical or biological science area)
* Previous experience in performance evaluation of technologies/formulations within Personal Care and Home Care
* Experience in a managerial role supporting a team is essential including conducting performance appraisal.
* Relevant practical lab skills are essential, as well as experience of key analytical techniques LC, GC/MS and SFC as well as DSC, DVS, DMA and TGA, SEM and Raman spectroscopy would be desirable
* Experience and understanding of reviewing and implementing Design of Experiments and progression of automated runs including statistics and evaluate data to test hypotheses.
If you are an experienced Formulation Scientist from the FMCG industry with managerial or leadership experience and good knowledge on analytical testing then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.