FMCG/Personal care industry
Competitive salary depending on experience
Working with in the R&D department and reporting to the Commercial Director/Technical Manager. Developing new formulations and improving existing formulations and manufacturing processes. There will be a need for interaction with customers, suppliers and internal business functions (Sales, Purchasing, R&D, Operations) to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests made about products and services.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Works as part of a team or within a research and development department.
* Develop new formulations in line with customer and commercial briefs
* Liaise with customers to understand their specific requirements
* Liaise with commercial and purchasing to understand the cost parameters of raw materials and formulations
* Liaise with manufacturing to understand the factory processes.
* Examine existing formulations to see if they can be improved and cost engineered out.
* Complete regulatory testing (Stability) on current and new formulations.
* Complete paperwork to support formulations and launch of formulations in the market
* Maintaining and complete paperwork, reports, documents and files regarding testing and products.
* Liaise with Suppliers to understand new chemical and trends in the market.
* Review competitor and brand products to understand performance, cost and benchmarking.
Education and Experience
* experience of working in a lab and personal care environment
* +4 years experience in a similar business
* knowledge of global market cosmetics regulations
* knowledge of customer service principles and practices
* knowledge of relevant computer applications
* proven experience in benchmarking
* numeric, oral and written language applications
* product business and market knowledge
* Extensive understanding of Chemicals and there application in personal care, household and pet care formulations
* interpersonal skills
* communication skills - verbal and written
* listening skills
* problem analysis and problem-solving
* attention to detail and accuracy
* customer service focus
* initiative / time management / multitasking
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.