Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Job Title: Food Safety & GMP Coordinator
Search are currently working with an innovative and progressive beverage manufacturing business. My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Food Safety & GMP Coordinator with a great knowledge of food safety standards their SHE Compliance team in London. Reporting directly into SHE Compliance Manager, this is a great opportunity for an innovative Technical candidate who takes pride in ensuring all products are of the highest quality and are in line with the food safety standards.
The Food Safety & GMP coordinator will be key in monitoring and developing food safety across the production process, from procurement of raw materials to delivery of the finished product to the consumer and everything in between across all sites (including contract brewing). You will utilise your knowledge of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP, QMS and food safety standards to safeguard the supply chain against food safety risks and guarantee product security and legitimacy.
This position is ideally suited to a candidate who can collaborate with all members of the supply chain team to create, implement, upkeep and validate a food safety framework while supporting the SHE Compliance Department in maintaining accreditation and food safety initiatives to support the production of great quality products which exceed consumer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support SHE Compliance Manager in all relevant subjects related to the department
* Assist with achievement of appropriate certification for all sites
* Lead on the provision of food safety training and refresher training for relevant roles within the wider team
* Communicate efficiently with the wider team particularly within production areas
* Assist with implementation of good manufacturing processes including continuous improvements in line with internal and external standards
* Assist with internal audits to ensure food safety and good manufacturing practices are being adhered to and executed to a high standard
* Carry out regular traceability test exercises in support of a functional and comprehensive traceability, recall and complaints process.
* Review documentation and processes with regards to food safety aspects and share responsibility for Control Documents system as part of the wider Quality Management System
* Assist with the investigation of food safety complaints (internal and external)
* Co-ordinate 5S audits and improvement plans with support and expertise from responsible individuals within production and logistics teams
* Support with abnormality process through root cause analysis, action setting and follow up on actions set.
* Complete short term food safety projects within the team
* Data collection, recording and analysis including the preparation of weekly reports (WPM) and KPIs (MOM) related to food safety which should be accurate and digestible by all individuals attending
* Support the SHE Compliance Manager with developing relationships with suppliers
* Develop and maintain SLAs with producers of raw materials with a focus on HACCP, VACCP and TACCP
* HACCP, SALSA, ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, ISO 18001
* A degree in Food Science or an equivalent qualification
* A strong understanding of UK/EU Food Safety standards and regulations
* An ability to effectively communicate the regulatory and legal compliance practices to the wider team
* A good understanding of quality management systems,
* A good understanding of HACCP, ISO, BRC, SALSA
* Knowledge of MS-365
* Data management and analysis experience
* Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing or process environment.
* Ability to engage and partner with various stakeholders across the business.
* Attention to detail, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
* An effective communicator.
* A keen interest in food safety, the industry and a passion the brand
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.