Job Title: Float Legal Secretary
Job Type: FTC - 12 months
Location: London, West End
Salary: £30,000 - £39,000 pa + benefits
Search Consultancy are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a prestigious law firm based within west end London, that is looking for a highly experienced and well organised Float Legal Secretary to join on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Primarily this role will be responsible for providing exceptional secretarial and organisational expertise in assisting with holidays and absence cover, across a wide range of practice areas often within a short notice.
You will be reporting to the Secretarial Services Manager and expected to take on intricate deadline driven tasks and delivering an exceptional quality of service. The position will be assisting in Property Litigation, Commercial Real Estate, Construction and Planning, however please note that some experience in other areas is a requirement as well.
Duties & Responsibilities;
* Management of ensuring Skype access is set up, telephone calls are answered on behalf of fee earners promptly and that messages are accurately recorded
* Handling Partners' and fee earners' inboxes and calendars guaranteeing all arrangements are adhered too including; rooms bookings, reviewing and forwarding internal and external mail, effectively managing Partners' matters when they are out of the business
* Having the ability to use all aspects of Land Registry portal, completing Land Registry forms and ordering searches via Searchflow/TM Argyll
* Preparing, editing and proofreading all documents making sure house-style is adhered too from digital dictation.
* Manage all AML and compliance requirements and client opening procedures including preparing client care letters and submitting of hospitality reports on AML database
* Arrange and book travel appointment when required
* Liaise with other team secretaries to cover holidays and absences when necessary
* E-Filing & Paper Filing
* Digital dictation
* document mark-ups
* Keeping client files up to date and in order
* Manage monthly billing process including preparing, drafting and submitting all bills electronically
* Prepare and manage WIP reports
* Set up meetings on behalf of partners
* Drafting time narratives and warranting all invoices are sent out on time
* Assisting the partner with all BD related activities, including understanding key clients and building relationships, client events, BD mailings, pitches, updating Outlook contacts and arranging for expenses to be submitted
Skills & Experience;
* Solid experience as a float secretary, or highly experience in all areas listed above
* Able to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
* Experience in liaising with key clients
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office
* Proactive manner
* Typing speed minimum of 65 wpm
* Not afraid to contribute at team level to generate new ideas and streamline processes to create improvement and efficiency
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.