A Fleet Engineer/Manager is required to manage and co-ordinate the fleet activities of a brand new c180,000 sq ft distribution centre. The distribution centre will be opening this October and is the result of continued organic growth to support this leading 3PL's customer's ever-expanding network of operations. Now could be the perfect time for you to consider a positive career change and manage operations on behalf of one of the World's most iconic brands.
Within this role you will manage fleet activities and develop and implement strategies to provide a level of service to the distribution centre that meets or surpasses expectation. You will ensure that the LGV fleet is maintained to the correct standard, meet the daily needs of the distribution centre, ensure the fleet meets compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements and reduce costs of repair where suitable. In any FMCG environment Health and Safety, hygiene and audit are high on the list of priorities and as such you will ensure that all policies, principals and audit trails are managed and effectively utilised throughout all areas.
In terms of experience, you must have:
* Previous experience within a fleet supervisory/management position
* Strong H&S awareness
* A proven track record of keeping to service and cost commitments.
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to set and deliver against challenging performance targets and budgets
* Experience of unionised environments
* A flexible approach to working hours; to meet the needs of the business
* Previous experience in HVG mechanical maintenance
* Experience in contract negotiation
* HGV class 1 licence (Desirable)
* HND or City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering (Essential)
* Experience of Microsoft packages - Intermediate Level (Desirable)
* Awareness of all current and pending industry legislation and developments (Essential)
On offer is a basic salary in the region of £35,000- £38,000 bonus, pension, health benefits, life insurance and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
In order to progress we are looking for individuals that can demonstrate expertise in a similar position in Fleet Engineering, preferably managing large fleets of class 1 vehicles.
Interviews for this Fleet Engineer role for Coventry will take place between 8-18th Aug with employment to commence in September/October 2018.
To be a part of this exciting new operation and embed yourself within a partnership spanning 50 years please click on the apply on-line function or contact Hannah Lea at Search Consultancy in Leicester today!!!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.