Financial Controller // Interim - Approx 3 months // @£200 per day // Central Manchester
An exciting assignment has arisen within a high-profile, well regarded organisation for an immediately available CCAB (or equivalent) qualified FC with public sector experience.
Due to restructuring within the organisation, we are looking to assist with the appointment of a 'hands on' interim FC with solid experience of financial management within the public sector. There will be the option to be considered for a permanent role following completion of the assignment if desired.
Skills required for the role;
- Public sector financial accounts preparation
- Financial system development / implementation
- Demonstrable involvement in process improvement within an accounting environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement
- Collaborative and coaching approach
- Able to use initiative, solve problems and manage competing priorities
- A flexible outlook, combined with high levels of efficiency
- Strong excel skills
- Has led a financial accounting function within a public sector setting
- Strong people manager
- Has led and coached during periods of change
- Has knowledge of the specific requirements of public sector financial management and accounting
- Has experience preparing public sector annual accounts
- Has experience of leading on payroll and procurement
If you are immediately available or, coming to the end of an assignment and on no more than two week's notice, please send your CV in the first instance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age