Head of Finance
Salary to £70,000 plus Company Car (£5k) and excellent benefits package.
Search Consultancy are currently supporting our growing manufacturing sector client who have a new requirement to recruit an experienced, qualified FD Designate for the head office in the South Lakes area of the North West.
The role of Head of Finance will be leading and managing the accounts department within this Manufacturing sector to support and improve the performance of all of the financial operations of the company. This role is very much seen as a leadership one within the business and for the right person will develop into a Financial Director role quickly in this growing business.
The Head of Finance will also be responsible for the regular production and further enhancement of financial reporting, analysis and management accounts information for the company.
Key Responsibilities include -
- Day to day management, development and appraisal of the small accounts team including purchase ledger, sales ledger, subcontract ledger and payroll disciplines.
- Co-ordination and execution of month-end processing routines, postings and reconciliations in line with a strict reporting timescale.
- Understand manufacturing reporting and the costing process
- Complete VAT returns.
- Co-ordinate the monthly project and contract performance reporting and forecasting including variance analysis and trend interpretation.
- Continual development and enhancement of financial reporting and business intelligence in line with the requirements of the business
The key for this role is the ability to lead and drive a busy accounts function, having previous experience in a manufacturing based senior Finance role with management exposure. That coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with the senior stakeholders in the business.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to influence stakeholders coupled with real core finance exposure in a busy and varied environment. As a qualified accountant the Head of Finance will be able to add real value through delivery of solutions to the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right commercially astute, business focused accountant to make a real difference whilst providing superb career development and exposure at a decision making level.
If the role is of interest please apply to Stewart Pearson at Search Consultancy through the website as directed.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.