A great opportunity has arisen for a Financial Analyst in the Edinburgh area. The role we are helping to recruit for is office-based and will suit someone with strong Accountancy & Finance experience, looking for their next career move in Edinburgh.
This Financial Analyst role comes with a competitive salary, alongside excellent company benefits to match.
The analyst's main task will be financial admin support, supporting the financial analysis team by preparing various month-end and quarterly reports, along with ad-hoc financial information and analysis as required. This will include taking control and successfully delivering projects throughout the year, as well as one-off reporting requests.
Primary Financial Analyst duties include:
- Financial Analysis, preparing existing financial schedules and creating and updating financial models
- Preparing written financial reports for various areas of management
- Creating and updating financial documents using reporting software
- Analysing all aspects of the financial performance of this large, diverse company
Amongst other ad-hoc financial administration duties, you will also be providing support to the wider finance department, including the billing and credit control teams.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a quick learner, able to take responsibility for tasks quickly, with minimal supervision. You will also require:
- Previous Financial Analyst experience
- be a part-qualified Accountant, although exceptional candidates qualified by experience may also be considered;
- Robust, practical IT skills, including Excel and accounting/financial analysis software
- The ability to work under pressure
It will sometimes be necessary to work extended hours at critical times (e.g. at month/quarter/year-end). Strong technical accounting skills would be a distinct advantage, as would experience of corporation tax and VAT computations. If this Financial Analyst job in Edinburgh is something your passionate about, please apply today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.