Financial Accounts Analyst / Assistant Accountant // Stretford // Competitive Salary // Immediate start FTC - potential to become Permanent
There is an immediate requirement for a part qualified Accountant to join a busy shared service centre in South Manchester.
To manage Month End and balance sheet reconciliations and queries, plus functional management of all of the financial systems, facilitating Process Improvement Projects, supporting business integrations, managing KPI Reporting.
The role will be varied and stimulating and, whilst this is intially a FTC, there is the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities to include a combination of a number of the following tasks :
- Manage preparation and delivery of KPI reporting,
- Work with SSC manager to develop and incorporate new KPIs on an ongoing basis
- Monitor all financial interfaces into / out of SAP to ensure integrity of the financial ledgers, master data and financial reporting.
- Work with finance, IS & IT staff to identify, develop and deliver improvements to the interfaces, feeder systems and processes and procedures surrounding finance
- Provide SAP system expertise and training to finance staff; become the go-to person for all financial / sub-ledger, procurement and SOP issues
- FacilitateImprovement Projects as defined by the SSC Manager / Financial Accounts Manager - project management and / or tracking
- Take ownership of all FSSC Procedure Manuals and Forms, provide standardisation
- Manage SAP Year End Closing
- Provide support for Internal and external Audit requirements
- Provide support for all Excel based solutions in the SSC in particular the Expense Processing
- Support Financial Accounts Assistants / Financial Accounts Manager as necessary
- Prepare month end journals and reconciliations
- Generating monthend tasks and posting into SAP.
- Support with resolving reconciliation issues.
- Completion of monthly/quarterly VAT return and intrastats reconciliation.
- Processing of CAPEX transactions and following of CAPEX process and reporting.
- Setting up Purchase Requisitions/Purchase orders for HQ and coding of invoices.
- Providing support for the intercompany reconciliation process.
- Taking ownership of delegated relationships.
- Manage one bill postings and single employee cost centre database.
- Perform monthly clear down of intercompany balances in SAP ensure full reconciliation of accounts
- Control opening and closing of accounting periods on SAP and SAP year end closing procedures
- Data extraction for 3rd Party requests including external and internal auditors.
Skills and experience required:
- Solid Accounting Background
- SAP experience essential
- Experience with: Capex, ICO reconciliation, KPI Reporting & systems / interface experience
- Advanced excel skills - macro expertise advantageous
- Shared Service Centre background
- Excellent work ethic and enthusiastic nature.
If you are immediately available, please send your CV in the first instance and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age